ADSM-L

Re: server access through different network card (ipadres)

2002-12-19 07:04:03
Subject: Re: server access through different network card (ipadres)
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:55:35 +0200
If you create separate subnet/VLAN for backups it is just a matter of
setting the address in dsm.sys.

example:
let say your primary network is 192.168.11.0, TSM server is 192.168.1.3
and TSM client node is 192.168.11.20
let new "backups" VLAN is 172.17.2.0, server is 172.17.2.3 and node is
172.17.2.20
now simple change in dsm.sys stanza should do the trick - change
"tcpserver address 192.168.11.3" to "tcpserveraddress 172.17.2.3". TCP
routing will direct outgoing traffic to subnet 172.17.2.0 through adapter
with address 172.17.2.20 while allowing application client sessions
through main adapter.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Michelle Wiedeman <michelle.wiedeman AT MULTRIX DOT COM>
19.12.2002 13:25