ADSM-L

Disaster Recovery Test

2002-12-18 15:49:49
Subject: Disaster Recovery Test
From: Theresa Sarver <tsarver.IFMC AT SDPS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:34:42 -0500
Hi all;

I'm getting ready to preform a Disaster Recovery test (with Sungard) and I was
wondering if anyone would be interested in reviewing my steps and letting me
know of anything I may be missing. - Thanks in advance!

THINGS TO TAKE:
mksysb (and savevgs)
AIX 4.3.3 cdroms
Atape drivers
DLT tape drivers
Application Software  (Stars/Sql_backtrack/OBSI)
Database software (Sybase)
Tivoli Software
All license Information

Steps to Restore:
1)  Restore mksysb
2)  Install ATAPE/DLT drivers
3)  Restore savevgs
4)  Restore TSM database
5)  Restore "Export Node" data
6)  Restore OS data  (not sure if this step is necessary?)
7)  Install Application/Database Software (not sure if this step is necessary?)
8)  Restore Sybase [raw] data
9)  Check network connectivity

Also, our environment has 2 internal DLT tape drives, I will only have 1
external DLT drive during the test - will Tivoli have a problem [restoring]
with this?

Any advice or comments would be much appreciated - thanks again!

Have a happy holidays;
Theresa