ADSM-L

[Very OT] Re: Can we cut out the "me, toos" (was Re: TSM Presentation)

2002-12-17 06:39:14
Subject: [Very OT] Re: Can we cut out the "me, toos" (was Re: TSM Presentation)
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:38:31 +0100
On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:45:05 +0100
Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE> wrote:

> Hello,
> probably a change in the listserv config of this mailing list may help.
> Each mail I get from this list has the list as reply address. For replying
> to the sender you have to cut the mail address from the mail and do a
> forward. This is the case at least with Outlook.
> It might help a little bit if with "reply to all" I could get both
> addresses, the list's and the sender's address. If I want to reply only to
> the sender, I could remove the list address.
> Best regards
> Gerhard

So now the list is at fault when people choose to use e-mail clients that
cannot behave. errr. Probably, people should start thinking about to who
they send their emails, and what they send. Apart from me-toos, annoying
behaviour includes the out-of-office autoreplys (perfreably to the list ;-)
and the ~20 line standard disclaimer, which in itself is complete nonsense
on any mailinglist, and probably even in normal person-to-person e-mail.
Netiquette isn't what it used to be... :-)

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams