ADSM-L

Network drive backup with Storage Agent

2002-12-11 18:54:40
Subject: Network drive backup with Storage Agent
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:52:17 -0500
Hi, TSMers,

This is kind of followup question I opened previously with 'LAN free
backup of Novell'; I found out TSM doesn't have Storage Agent for
NetWare platform.

As alternative solution, I plan to install Storage Agent on a Windows
2000 client and backup all network drives ( G: H: I: J: etc) to do LAN
free backup to tape library, 3575.  As we are Novell shop, I wonder if I
can backup data with NSS format from network drives (actual data resides
on EMC Clariion box) and restore them to original place without
corrupting the data, using Windows as client platform? Any comment will
be appreciated. Thanks.

Jin Bae Chi (Gus)
System Admin/Tivoli
Data Center