ADSM-L

Re: Ned a SQL QUERY - Where did my big files come from?

2002-12-06 09:26:12
Subject: Re: Ned a SQL QUERY - Where did my big files come from?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:21:33 -0500
>I have some big files (10+G and one 31+Gig file) that is being backed up.
>Is there a query that I can use to find what the big files are and what
>client they belong to?

The TSM administrator sometimes has to determine what files a current or
recent backup has sent.  The simplest way is, knowing the volume they went
to:

   query content Volname count=-20 format=detailed

for example, where some reasonable negative number will show you the latest
files on the volume, listed most recent first.  This is easiest with large
backup files, like yours, where they will very likely show up within a limited
count value.

  Richard Sims, BU