ADSM-L

Continual media feed for dlt

2002-12-06 08:34:35
Subject: Continual media feed for dlt
From: Lars Bebensee <LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:32:28 +0100
Hi guys and girls,

here is a real teaser for you.
I want to export a client nodes spacemanaged filespace containing about
250GB of data to a dlt library. The dlt got 7 scratch volumes. Last time I
did the export it failed with having copied 224 somthing gigabytes. Since
the last of the volumes was filled completely all the volumes where
returned to scratch status. The dlt library got only one drive and has no
barcode reader. What I would like to do is checking out exported volumes
lets say after 6 volumes are full and feed the library with new scratches
so the process does not stop with the seventh tape. Is there a way to
temporary suspend a process to change tapes and then resume the process
(similar to a shells CTRL-Z)?

Thanx

Lars