ADSM-L

Library sharing - best practise?

2002-11-27 07:02:37
Subject: Library sharing - best practise?
From: Hans Hedlund <Hans.Hedlund AT ENSKILDA DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:59:29 +0100
Hi,

I'm thinking of implementing library sharing with my 3584 library over
my
SAN, so that two or more different TSM servers can share the same
library.
Plain and simple and standard procedure.

But somewhere in the back of my head I think I heard some issues about
where
to place the library
manager. Basically, are there any issues with letting one of these two
TSM
servers act as library manager, or should I setup a third TSM server
that
only handles that function?

And are there any issues when I'm "converting" my current TSM server's
library to a shared library. Do I need to checkout/checkin the volumes;
update the OWNER attribute, or something like that?

TSM server version is currently 4.2.3, but sooner or later it will be
5.x if
that has any affect on how to do stuff.

Thanks!

/Hans

Confidentiality Notice

The content of this e-mail is intended only for the
confidential use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not such a person, you are
hereby notified that you have received this communication
in error and that reading it, copying it, or in any way
disseminating its content to any other person, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the author by replying to this e-mail
immediately.