ADSM-L

ANR0481W error during restore

2002-11-25 20:03:28
Subject: ANR0481W error during restore
From: "Tanone, Albert" <Albert.Tanone AT BAIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:44:19 -0500
Hi all,

I am currently experiencing the above error while trying to do a point in time
restore for some directories on a Netware 5 server. We are using TSM and in the
past 24 hours, at certain point, something would simply give up and TSM will
give this error:

ANR0481W Session xx for node xx (NetWare) terminated - client did not respond
within 180 seconds.

It was actually giving up on 60 seconds but I looked up the error message and
bumped it to 180. I can't imagine this needs to go any higher. I've never had a
problem restoring so this is not the first time we've used a 60 second timeout.
Any ideas? I've eliminated a client-end issue because I've copied the
appropriate PWD and OPT file to another NW server and pretended that was out
main file server ... the restore went through about 30 mb or so before quitting
again. The most I got was last night at around 80 mb. Also, it doesn't seem to
matter which directory I'm trying to restore.

Thanks!!

Albert Tanone
Systems Administrator
Bain & Company, Inc. | Two Copley Place | Boston, MA 02116 | USA
tel: (1) 617 527 2676  fax: (1) 617 880 0676
email: albert.tanone AT bain DOT com | web: www.bain.com