ADSM-L

Re: Microsoft SQL Hot/Backup

2002-11-25 16:15:43
Subject: Re: Microsoft SQL Hot/Backup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:15:46 -0500
Camilo,

Data Protection for SQL performs online backup
and restore of your SQL databases. It is "client"
software that must run on you SQL Server machine
but the TSM Server can be running anywhere on your
network. You would point the communications
settings in your options file to your
TSM Server running on your AIX server and
the data would be sent over the network from
your Windows machine running SQL Server
and stored on your TSM Server.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.