ADSM-L

Re: Multiple Data Types

2002-11-25 09:17:35
Subject: Re: Multiple Data Types
From: Salak Juraj <j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:19:37 +0100
Hi,

Retention periods are defined in managemnt classes.
You can have more managemnt classes in one domain.
Normally, files are backed up with DEFAULT management class.
But you can assign any managemnt class to (a group of)files
in OPT file.
Example
        include p:\project\...\* MyManagementClass007

This way you even can have files backuped into different storage pools
thus defining different redundancy, different costs, different restore
speeds..

regards
Juraj