ADSM-L

NSM Upgrade from 3.7 to 4.1

2002-11-25 08:45:43
Subject: NSM Upgrade from 3.7 to 4.1
From: Lars Bebensee <LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:45:06 +0100
Hi guys and girls,

on Friday I upgraded a customers NSM migrating from TSM version 3.7.4 to
4.1.6. The upgrade ran fine so far. The customer is running offline DB2 API
backups on Sunday evening at 18:00. DB2 runs across two SP nodes. The first
node usually completes backing up at about 21:30 using 4 two 5 tapes on a
Magstar 3575. This time after the upgrade the node needs considerably
longer (until 00:00) using 7 tapes. The same happend for the second node,
running for 2.5 vs 3.5 hours and using 3 vs 5 tapes. However, no
tablespaces were enlarged or newly created.
Did anyone come across the same problem before? Anyone got an idea what I
should look for?

Thnx and Bye

Lars