ADSM-L

Re: 3584 library problem, how to delete drive,libr definitions wi th 2 fibre drives

2002-11-22 10:42:31
Subject: Re: 3584 library problem, how to delete drive,libr definitions wi th 2 fibre drives
From: "Selva, Perpetua" <perpetua.selva AT RBCCM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:41:42 -0500
We are running tsm 4.2.1.14 on r/s6000 aix 4.3.3

We have 2 logical libraries, physically split into 2, libr1 called lto3584
and
libr2 called gmrmlto3584.

libr1 has 6 scsi drives
libr2 has 2 fibre drives online not attached to the fibre switch at the
moment.

We want to un-split it and gain back 1 logical library.

Problems:

Not able to

1. delete drive definitions of libr2
2. delete library definitions of libr2
3. audit libr2

4. remove from tsm database volume definitions which are not physically
located in libr2. (they have been physically removed and  are in use within
libr1).

These volumes belong to only one storage pool within libr1.

Please shed some light!

Should I physically attach the fibre drives to fibre switch before we
proceed? I'm only hesitating with this b/c we have to request upper mgmt
approval with a turn around time of whenever :-)

Please help,

Thanks,

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient
is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.</p>
droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie
de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que
le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel
par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par
un autre moyen.</p>