ADSM-L

Re: Relocating TSM DB (storage)

2002-11-22 10:01:23
Subject: Re: Relocating TSM DB (storage)
From: "Thach, Kevin" <KThach AT COVHLTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:53:22 -0500
Funny you should mention that.  We have been working with IBM ATS support
about poor performance issues with our TSM config, and they say that our
problem is because we have all 37 volumes in one AIX logical
volume/filesystem.  They have had us create 32 new AIX logical
volumes/filesystems (don't need 37 because our db is not very full after
running CLEANUP BACKUPGROUPS), each with a 1GB TSM DBvol inside, all of
which are on separate ESS loops.  They said the smaller DB volumes are
better!  Argghh!!