ADSM-L

TDP Restoration Process.

2002-11-22 09:38:52
Subject: TDP Restoration Process.
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:32:43 -0500
Good morning,

We are running TDP for Domino 1.1 on a Domino server 5.08 running on NT.
TSM server 4.2.1.9 is running on OS/390 2.10. The initial restore process
is working well, but we are attempting to apply 2 days worth of transaction
logs and we are moving over 6 Gb of data and then the process appears to
hang and the restore process does not complete. We archive out Domino
transaction logs to TDP hourly.

 The restore is running about 2 hours before the problem occurs.

 Can anyone tell me if the amount of data and the length of time that this
takes is normal?

 My Domino group isn't happy with the processing time to recover a single
mail file.

 Thanks,
    Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281