ADSM-L

Session Not Completing

2002-11-21 01:33:12
Subject: Session Not Completing
From: Lawrie Scott <lawries AT COMPAREXAFRICA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:32:54 +0200
Hi All

I have 30 Windows 2000 Servers backing up to a Windows TSM 5.1 Server.
One of the servers when scheduled to backup begins its schedule and
backup then just sits doing nothing, it never comes back to the server
with a status and you have to cancel the session manually then it
reports back a ? which is very informative. When you look in the
dsmerror and dsmsched logs there is nothing to indicate an error, other
than the cancelled session.

This seems to happen on only this server and we have tried re-installing
the software modifying the dsm.opt file, re-installing the schedule
service with no change. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Lawrie Scott
For: Persetel / Q Vector KZN
Company Registration Number: 1993/003683/07
Tel: +27 (0) 31 5609222
Fax: +27 (0) 31 5609495
Cell: +27 (0) 835568488
E-mail:  lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za
<mailto:lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za>