ADSM-L

Re: TSM skipping some local drives -- solved

2002-11-20 17:41:19
Subject: Re: TSM skipping some local drives -- solved
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:36:56 -0600
Dave,

It isn't necessary to run the service as an administrator to access the
local drive.

What usually happens is that the administrator removes the "everyone"
group from NTFS permissions as part of their security setup.  If that is
done, you must add the "system" account from the local SAM back into the
NTFS permissions.  If you're running a domain, you'll have to select the
local security context to see that account.
Once that is done, any service running as Local System can access the
drive / folder / file.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation

David Wentworth <David.Wentworth AT UCOP DOT EDU>
11/20/2002 11:51 AM