ADSM-L

Re: Database Questions

2002-11-20 17:25:37
Subject: Re: Database Questions
From: Luke Dahl <ldahl AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:24:58 -0800
Output from q db f=d:
          Available Space (MB): 50,012
        Assigned Capacity (MB): 45,012
        Maximum Extension (MB): 5,000
        Maximum Reduction (MB): 10,720
             Page Size (bytes): 4,096
            Total Usable Pages: 11,523,072
                    Used Pages: 7,574,343
                      Pct Util: 65.7
                 Max. Pct Util: 76.2
              Physical Volumes: 51
             Buffer Pool Pages: 10,500
         Total Buffer Requests: 180,673,719
                Cache Hit Pct.: 90.08
               Cache Wait Pct.: 1.74
           Backup in Progress?: Yes
    Type of Backup In Progress: Full
  Incrementals Since Last Full: 0
Changed Since Last Backup (MB): 64.07

BufPoolSize        42000

I increased the bufpoolsize from 37000 to 42000 a few days ago to bring the
ratio up?  Will this affect performance on the system (swap usage or paging)?
Yes, DB volumes are on Veritas filesystem...  I can get you the exact Veritas
levels if it would help...

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the help!