ADSM-L

Re: TSM skipping some local drives

2002-11-20 15:02:47
Subject: Re: TSM skipping some local drives
From: Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:01:37 -0600
We had this happen to us also. A Win-something server worked fine until
the TSM client software was upgraded. The E: drive stopped getting backed
up. We noticed and IE error when starting things up so the box's admin
upgraded IE and the problem went away.

I can get more details from our Win/NT admin if you want.

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860
----------------------
David Wentworth wrote:

Hello. I have TSM installed on two Windows 2000 servers. One server has
TSM
4.1.1 and the other one has 5.1.0.1. Both of them are skipping a local
drive. I think "Domain all-local" is the default. I tried making it
explicit but it didn't help. One server (with TSM 4.1.1) has a C: and E:
drive. C: gets backed up but not E:. The other server (with TSM 5.1.0.1)
has a C:, D: and E: drive. On that on C: and E: get backed up but not D:.

The problem only happens with the scheduler service. If I log on as an
administrator and run an incremental backup manually all the local drives
get backed up.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Regards,
Dave

David Wentworth
UC Office of the President