ADSM-L

Compaq Network Settings

2002-11-20 08:21:25
Subject: Compaq Network Settings
From: Lawrie Scott <lawries AT COMPAREXAFRICA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:21:19 +0200
Hi All

I have a compaq Proliant 370 with 2 750Mhz CPU's With 2Gig of Memory and
2 1Gigabit Network Cards, teamed with 1 active and the other is a
failover standby card. Does anyone have some info on how best to setup
these cards for the best performance. I have a number of errors where I
get timeouts on these cards and they both show Receive Overruns when
this happens. If anyone has an answer on how best to setup these cards I
would be really grateful as, I have tried just about everything and the
only thing I can get to work is by reducing max sessions to 40 and
increasing the network card setting for receiving to the max of 768,
also running only one card the other one has been removed.

Lawrie Scott
For: Persetel / Q Vector KZN
Company Registration Number: 1993/003683/07
Tel: +27 (0) 31 5609222
Fax: +27 (0) 31 5609495
Cell: +27 (0) 835568488
E-mail:  lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za
<mailto:lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za>