ADSM-L

Re: Please help - ANS1311E Server out of data storage space in TSM

2002-11-19 17:55:42
Subject: Re: Please help - ANS1311E Server out of data storage space in TSM
From: murali ramaswamy <muralirama29 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:55:06 +0000
Hi,
I am  not mapping a drive.  I added the IP address in the field while
creating the NODE for the other machine.
Thanks
-murali

From: Sias Dealy  <hnre AT ureach DOT com>
To: "murali ramaswamy" <muralirama29 AT hotmail DOT com>, ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
Subject: Re: Re: Please help - ANS1311E Server out of data storage space in
TSM
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:38:05 -0500

Murali,

If the data from the disk pool is not going to a tape pool but
the data is going to another machine.
I would check the network connection and also if that machine
is up and running. If both checks out fine, then chech to see
if there is enough space on the target machine.

Are you mapping a drive to another machine? I would unmap and
remap the drive. On Windows 2000 drive mapping is not as
forgiving as NTFS on Unix.

If everything checks fine.
Lower the migration threshold and check the actlog to see what
kind of error message that you are getting.

A volume is just a file where TSM stores data. I'm not too sure
if this would be consider a flat file or not.

Sias

---- On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, murali ramaswamy
(muralirama29 AT hotmail DOT com) wrote:

> Hi,
> What is volume on Windows 2000 box?  I dont have any backup
tape drive
> attached.  I just back up to another location on the machine
which was
> created through the Device Configuration wizard on the Server
GUI.
> Thanks
> -murali
>

> >From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
> >To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> >Subject: Re: Please help - ANS1311E Server out of data
storage space in TSM
> >Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:02:13 -0500
> >
> >Murali,
> >
> >To increase the storage pool, need to define a volume to that
> >storage pool.
> >
> >define volume <pool name> </path/volume name> formatsize=<#>
> >
> >The formatsize value is in megabytes and you only have to
put a
> >number.
> >
> >If you get a message that the diskpool is out of storage,
check
> >the actlog to see if migration started. If migration did
start

wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > > actlog gives following type of message?   How do I
increase
> >space
> > > in storage pool?  I have 4GB space on my machine and how
can
> >it say no
> > > space?
> > >
> > > ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 194 for node
> > >                        CLONE1 (WinNT) - no space
available in

_