ADSM-L

Re: FW: Re: Urgent!! Restoring SQL metadata and data using LANFREE

2002-11-19 11:49:56
Subject: Re: FW: Re: Urgent!! Restoring SQL metadata and data using LANFREE
From: "Robert L. Rippy" <robert_rippy AT KINDREDHEALTHCARE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:29:17 -0500
Issue command "update volume E:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\MSSQLMETA.DSM acc=readonly"
or readwrite depending if you want if wrote to and read from or only read
from.

Thanks,
Robert Rippy

From: Marc Layne <mlayne AT FARITEC DOT COM> on 11/19/2002 11:19 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

> Hi Del
>
> The specific error we are getting is as follows:
>
> 11/19/2002 12:56:50   ANR1421W (Session: 3523, Origin: DWHSTAGE)  Read
access
>                        denied for volume E:\TSMDATA\SERVER1\MSSQLMETA.DSM
-
>                        volume offline.
>
> This volume is not offline. Also If i disable the LANFREE then I can
retrieve the metadata from the diskpool. It almost seems that although the
management class controls the backup process, the restore has no way of
knowing that it should requestthe metadat across the LAN, when it is
getting the actual DATA from the tapes on the SAN.

> Kind Regards
> Marc Layne
> Faritec (Pty) Ltd
> Services Delivery Manager
> Tel:   +27 21 762 9702
> Fax:   +27 21 762 9737
> Cell:          + 27 82 416 9086
> Website: www.faritec.co.za
> E-mail:   mlayne AT faritec.co DOT za

DISCLAIMER:
This message may contain information which is confidential, private or
privileged in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or file which is
attached to this message. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and
thereafter return and/or destroy the original message.

Any views of this communication are those of the sender except where the
sender specifically states them to be those of Faritec (Proprietary)
Limited (Faritec) and/or Ebis and Subsidiaries.

Please note that the recipient must scan this e-mail and any attached files
for viruses and the like. While we do everything possible to protect
information from viruses, Faritec accepts no liability of whatever nature
for any loss, liability, damage or expense resulting directly or indirectly
from the access and/or downloading of any files which are attached to this
e-mail message.