ADSM-L

Re: TSA ERRORS WHEN RESTORING FILES WITH NEW CLIENT

2002-11-13 11:46:27
Subject: Re: TSA ERRORS WHEN RESTORING FILES WITH NEW CLIENT
From: Laura Booth <lbooth AT CARILION DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:39:18 -0500
I am running Netware 5 sp2.  We have also just upgraded to edirectory.

Thanks for the information.

Laura

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf
Of
Laura Booth
> I recently installted the new TSM client on several Novell servers
and
> am having trouble restoring files.  I receive error (TSA500.NLM 5.5
300)
> " An error occured while the program attempted to write a file."
This
> seems to be happening on the Novell Servers with NSS Volumes....Has
> anyone experienced this problem?

Here's the deal with NetWare clients for TSM:

You need to use the absolute pure-T latest version of the TSA and SMDR
modules you can find. Look on the Novell web site for TSA5UP9 (for
NetWare
5.1x); I'm not sure what there is for NetWare 6. (You must be using
version
5.1.0+ of the TSM client for NetWare 6.)

Next time you send a request for help, be sure to mention the OS and
level
of the TSM server, and the OS and level of the TSM client.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE