ADSM-L

Re: How to write script to automate TSM 5.11

2002-11-13 08:49:41
Subject: Re: How to write script to automate TSM 5.11
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:47:51 -0500
Some sites use a very heavy-handed apporaoch, simpler to implement:
a daily administrative schedule that runs "update  vol access=readwrite
whereacc=unavailable".
This solves the problem of TSM detecting a tape DRIVE error, and marking the
TAPE as read-only or unavailable.
Of course, it covers up genuine tape-error problems....

Mr. Lindsay Morris
Lead Architect, Servergraph
www.servergraph.com <http://www.servergraph.com>
859-253-8000 ofc