ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade Server 4.1.4 -> 4.2.3

2002-11-12 12:58:17
Subject: Re: Upgrade Server 4.1.4 -> 4.2.3
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:55:03 -0500
Chris,

I know on the Windows platform that you have to uninstall the
previous version of ADSM/TSM and then install TSM 4.2.X .
Once the installation is done, restore the data base.

If you do not remove the old version and you migrate to 4.2.x
you get this strange message. Sorry, I did not write down the
message. I ended up uninstalling TSM. Then install TSM 4.2 and
restore the data base.

My brain seem to have a memory leak.  I can't remember if we
uninstall TSM and then did a fresh install of 4.2 on AIX.

I would check the readme file.

Sias Dealy

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Ricardo Ribeiro (ricardo.ribeiro AT ADVANCEPCS DOT COM)

-----------------------------------|

>   |        To:      ADSM-
L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc:

>   |        Subject: Upgrade Server 4.1.4 ->
4.2.3                                                |
-----------------------------------|

> Hi all
>
> I have to upgrade my TSM-Servers (AIX 4.3.3) from V 4.1.4 to
4.2.3. In the
> readme for 4.2.3 is written under "TSM
> Server Upgrade issues for version 4.2.0.0" that if you
upgrade from 4.1.x.x
> you have to uninstall the current version.
> For me its not clear if this chapter belongs to all operating
systems.

> So do I have to uninstall all modules of V 4.1.4 from my AIX
server  before
> installing ?
> Do I have to start the TSM-Server-Software before installing
V4.2.3 on top