ADSM-L

Restore of Intel Cluster

2002-11-12 06:45:20
Subject: Restore of Intel Cluster
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 06:43:09 -0500
We just went through a bare metal restore of a member of an Intel Cluster.
We have recently been working through some test cases of restoring Win2K
clients and in the testing we have done so far everything has tested out
okay. This is the first time we needed to do this on a member of a cluster.
The bad part is this is the real deal not a test....Shame on us!

The basic restore worked just fine and the machine is back up. The problem
that we are having is that the machine can't rejoin the cluster. If there is
anything regarding any additional steps in the TSM manuals sure can't find
it! Can anyone point us to any additional steps regarding getting this
machine to re-join the cluster?

Client Win2K Advanced Server
TSM Client 5.1.1
TSM Server 5.1.1.1 (AIX 4.3.3)