ADSM-L

Upgrade Server 4.1.4 -> 4.2.3

2002-11-12 06:44:29
Subject: Upgrade Server 4.1.4 -> 4.2.3
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:43:02 +0100
Hi all

I have to upgrade my TSM-Servers (AIX 4.3.3) from V 4.1.4 to 4.2.3. In the
readme for 4.2.3 is written under "TSM
Server Upgrade issues for version 4.2.0.0" that if you upgrade from 4.1.x.x
you have to uninstall the current version.
For me its not clear if this chapter belongs to all operating systems.

So do I have to uninstall all modules of V 4.1.4 from my AIX server  before
installing ?
Do I have to start the TSM-Server-Software before installing V4.2.3 on top
of 4.2.1, or can I just install 4.2.1 and 4.2.3 immediately afterwards (with
no start of dsmserv) ? When will the database be upgraded ?

If anybody has experience on this, let me know

Thanks

Chris