ADSM-L

Re: Server AIX vs NT

2002-11-11 13:05:40
Subject: Re: Server AIX vs NT
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:05:30 -0500
The biggest thing that I have notice between the AIX and the NT
server. The NT box are rebooted more often than the AIX box.
The AIX box was reboot once and that was about three or four
years ago. The NT box gets rebooted once every four to six
months. I have this one NT box when ever the NT box does not
act like the way it should, I reboot the NT box and this clear
things up. Then again some one else may not experience the
amount of reboots as I have with the NT.

Also I don't suppose any one know if there is a TSM server for
Linux?

Sias Dealy

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Ray Baughman (rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM)
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are looking to replace our TSM server hardware, we are
currently running
> the TSM server on an IBM H50.  The bean counters are saying
that an NT
> server would be a lot cheaper than a UNIX server.  They have
decided it
> needs to be either an IBM UNIX server or an NT server.  Has
anyone had any
> experience with both NT and AIX servers, and if so what
information do you