ADSM-L

Server AIX vs NT

2002-11-11 11:43:53
Subject: Server AIX vs NT
From: Ray Baughman <rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:46:14 -0500
Hello,

We are looking to replace our TSM server hardware, we are currently running
the TSM server on an IBM H50.  The bean counters are saying that an NT
server would be a lot cheaper than a UNIX server.  They have decided it
needs to be either an IBM UNIX server or an NT server.  Has anyone had any
experience with both NT and AIX servers, and if so what information do you
have regarding performance, stability etc. with one over the other.
Basically I've be told to either cost justify AIX or I'll end up on NT.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray Baughman
Engineering Systems Administrator
TSM Administrator
National Machinery LLC
Phone 419-443-2257
Fax 419-443-2376
Email rbaughman AT nationalmachinery DOT com