ADSM-L

Upgrade 3590 E-model to H-model

2002-11-11 06:55:31
Subject: Upgrade 3590 E-model to H-model
From: "J. Glauer" <glauer AT PIK-POTSDAM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:41:12 +0100
Hi,

We want upgrade the drives in our 3494-library from E-models to H-models

in the next weeks.
After the upgrade we have only H-models in the library with "J" and "K"
tapes.
We will change the access to READONLY for all filling,full tapes.

My question concerns the scratch volumes.

In my opinion it isn't necessary to relabel the scratch tapes with
384-tracks. The VCR will do that with the first mount on the
H-drive automatically.

I'm right or ???
Regards
Achim

Joachim Glauer
Potsdam-Institut für Klimafolgenforschung (PIK)
P.O. Box 60 12 03, 14412 Potsdam, Germany
Phone:    +49 (0)331 288 2608
Fax:      +49 (0)331 288 2600
e-mail: glauer AT pik-potsdam DOT de
www:    http://www.pik-potsdam.de
Note: If you need to send attachements to me, PLEASE!
Avoid sending MS-Word.doc files (send *.rtf / *.pdf instead)