ADSM-L

Re: Backup Question

2002-11-08 12:01:33
Subject: Re: Backup Question
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:52:50 -0500
Zoltan,
Thanks for your reply, but here's what I thought:
After it builds a list of files to backup, it then traverses/sweeps the
tree(File System) to do the actual backup. At this time if it finds a new file
in its path, it will back it up. If the file is placed in that path after TSM
has gone past that File System Structure it will not go back to back it up
since it has no knowledge of that file.
The reason for my explaination is that we have seen many files whose modified
time is much later than the Backup Start time and it is still backed up.
Let me know your thoughts.

Rajesh