ADSM-L

Re: A success story

2002-11-08 10:15:28
Subject: Re: A success story
From: Alan Davenport <Alan.Davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:09:30 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Stapleton [mailto:stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 9:23 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: A success story

I only have one reservation right now. We set up the web-based client
service on several boxes (Windows client version 5.1.5.2). But we couldn't
get them to finish loading. When you went to http://<client_name>:1581, the
java app would start to load, but would never finish. We waited a few
minutes on each of them, but finally gave up. The regular client GUI works
fine.

Has anyone run across this?

Mark,

    I have this problem on my Win2K desktop. I've tried this on other Win2K
desktops and they have the same problem. We're at 4.1.5.0 on OS390. I've
tried Netscape 6, Netscape 4.78, IE 6.0 and Mozilla browsers. I've updated
Java to the current Sun release version with no effect. I gave up on it a
while ago! The funny thing is a NT4.0 SP6 desktop has no problem. I'm
letting you know it's not just you!

         Al

Alan Davenport
Senior Storage Administrator