ADSM-L

Re: Tuning to backup Millions of files

2002-11-07 09:52:52
Subject: Re: Tuning to backup Millions of files
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:50:51 -0500
While this doesn't answer your question about tuning, it might help.

We have a similar situation, except with our AIX mail systems.

TSM had to scan 6+ MILLION files, nightly.  Took way too long to be
useful.

So instead, we do INCRBYDATE nightly and then on weekends do regular
incremental backups.

Brenda Collins <brenda.collins AT US.ING DOT COM>
11/07/2002 09:44 AM