ADSM-L

Re: backup primary stgpool to different library

2002-11-07 09:31:11
Subject: Re: backup primary stgpool to different library
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:26:14 -0500
Kurt,

Yes, it works just fine.  You have to create a different management class
for the 2nd library, and create the copy pool using that management class.

It even works with dissimilar libraries/drives.  In one instance, I've seen
a 3575 for local copies, and a 3581 (LTO Stacker) for the copy pool.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

Today is the tomorrow of yesterday.

                      "kurt.beyers@pand
                      ora.be"                  To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <kurt.beyers             cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  backup primary stgpool
to different library
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      11/07/2002 07:54
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi,

I would like to check the following. We will have two identical libraries
connected via SAN to the TSM server. The second library will be in a
different room than the TSM server and the first library.

I would like to have the primary storage pool on the first library and the
copy storage pools on the second library. Is it possible to have a backup
of a primary storage pool residing in library A to a copy storage pool
residing in library B?  I guess it has to be possible as the two libraries
are identical but I want to be sure.

Thanks,
Kurt