ADSM-L

Iron Mountain response time

2002-11-07 09:01:11
Subject: Iron Mountain response time
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 07:49:45 -0600
Here in North Texas, we have been told that Iron Mountain no longer supports
a third shift.
Because of this our emergency response times have been drastically altered.
We had been looking at doing multiple tape runs per day in order to shorten
our risk window.  This bit of news obviously threw a wrench into that.

I'm not at the contract negotiation level and I am not privy to all the
details, but I would assume that a contract with Iron Mountain would include
a guaranteed response time, 24 hours a day.  I would also assume that one
would nor normally enter into such a contract where one side could
unilaterally change the conditions so drastically.

Is anyone else seeing drastic changes in their vaulting arrangements from
Iron Mountain?

If you aren't using Iron Mountain, are there any other vaulting
alternatives?