ADSM-L

Re: Client Schedules won't work

2002-11-06 09:14:02
Subject: Re: Client Schedules won't work
From: Olli <adsmtsm AT GMX DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 15:12:17 +0100
Hi Bill,

which IP Adress does TSM try to contact if you get the ANR Message.
Does it really try to contact the correct host?

Try removing the TCPCLIENTADDRESS Option or set it to the correct
ip address. (Localhost usually means 127.0.0.1 and will tell TSM the
wrong Adress)

Olli

Bill Dourado wrote:
Hi ,

I am in the process of upgrading my NT clients from 4.1.1.0
to 4.2.3.1 as a fix for daylight saving problem.

My TSM Server is  4.1.4.1

I cannot get scheduled backups for 4.2.3.1 clients to run successfully ,
4.1.1.0 clients work OK as always.

Error MSG:
"ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client D411."
(Stopping & starting TSM services on the client gets the schedule to run)

Here is D411 dsm.opt file :-

PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
TCPSERVERADDRESS    adsm1.alstec.com

ERRORLOGRETENTION   7 D
TCPCLIENTADDRESS    localhost
SCHEDMODE PROMPTED
SCHEDLOGRETENTION   7D

All my 4.1.1.0 clients use SCHEDMODE     PROMPTED & PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE

I am still battling the "daylight saving problem" so any help will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill Dourado

******************************* Disclaimer *******************************
This email and any files transmitted with it contains privileged and
confidential information and is intended for the addressee only. If you
are not the intended recipient you must not disseminate, distribute or
copy this email. Please notify the sender at once that you have received
it by mistake and then delete it from your system.

Any views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not
necessarily those of ALSTEC or its associated companies.

Whereas ALSTEC takes reasonable precautions to ensure this email is virus
free, no responsibility will be accepted by it for any loss or damage
whether direct or indirect which results from the contents of this email
or its attachments.

ALSTEC Group Limited - Registered in England No.3939840 - www.alstec.com
Registered office: Cambridge Road, Whetstone, Leicester. LE8 6LH. England.
Telephone: +44 (0)116 275 0750