ADSM-L

SAP TDP on TSM 5.1 Open Sessions

2002-11-06 02:22:04
Subject: SAP TDP on TSM 5.1 Open Sessions
From: Lawrie Scott <lawries AT COMPAREXAFRICA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:21:25 +0200
Hi

TSM 5.1.1 running on a Compaq Proliant 2gig Mem 2 750Mhz Processor with
2 TL891 Libraries with 2 Drives each.
The SAP/R3 on Oracle runs on Compaq Alpha Server running Tru64 Unix with
4 Processors in a 4 machine cluster.

I run a SAP Log backup at 13:00 and a Full backup of the three (SPP,
SPQ, PSD) databases at 21:00. Generally these run fine and I receive and
e-mail upon completion showing the completion status. However now again
the job fails for whatever error, and then leaves open sessions on the
Tru64 Unix servers, which I then have to manually go and cancel to get
the job to complete. These session are not displayed as sessions on the
TSM server but only in the background on the Tru64 Server. Once I have
manually cancelled these sessions the script running the backup
completes and I get an e-mail notification showing a failed status.

Is there something I can set to get these session to cancel
automatically if a certain time period has passed. The only way I can
currently identify these session is with the ps -ef |grep <JOB> command
then kill the session. Sometimes this error goes unnoticed and sits in
this state for a few days. It has no impact on future scheduled backups.

Thanx for the help in advance

Lawrie Scott
For: Persetel / Q Vector KZN South Africa
Company Registration Number: 1993/003683/07
Tel: +27 (0) 31 5609222
Fax: +27 (0) 31 5609495
Cell: +27 (0) 835568488
E-mail:  lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za
<mailto:lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za>