ADSM-L

Re: False "User abort" message

2002-11-04 12:22:21
Subject: Re: False "User abort" message
From: Nancy Ames <nlames AT GUNDLUTH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:19:01 -0600
Hi - answers to these questions:
Hi Elio -

1. Yes, this seems to occur sporadically. Over the weekend it did not occur
- backups ran fine on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

2. See answer to #1 - not all backups are stopping.

3. This and other url's show that this problem occurred in previous
version(s?):

http://www.ualberta.ca/FTP/adsm/Clients/tivoli/Windows/WinNT/v420/TSM420GA_READ1STC.TXT

It seems I have the same problem with a Windows 2000 client v. 5.1.
I have a scheduled job and it can't complete backup cause of an "user
abort"
message (and no one stops it at 00.30 AM ;-)).

Some questions for you:
1. Can you have a regular backup or every backup stops with this message?
2. If every backup stops, have you ever had a regular backup before some
change?
3. Where did you find references about a "supposedly fixed problem occurred
with 4.x client"?

Have a nice day

Elio