ADSM-L

Re: Daylight saving Disaster

2002-11-04 10:39:44
Subject: Re: Daylight saving Disaster
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 08:37:25 -0700
Don,

The DST code for Windows has not been broken again. Also, I do not recall
it happening in TSM 3.1.0.6 or 3.1.0.7, though my memory may be wrong in
this regard.

The following link is to a post I made a year ago that discusses which
client versions have the problem.

   http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0110/473.html

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

It was the client code that was previously fixed, more than once, in the
3.1
and 3.7 timeframe --- sounds like the DST code for Windows got broken,
again.  4.1.x is downlevel, for support contract purposes -- unless things
are different for you.

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT ayett DOT net (change aye to a, for replies)

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)