ADSM-L

Re: Slow backups

2002-11-03 13:47:24
Subject: Re: Slow backups
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 12:46:50 -0600
Need much more information, just to get started...

You say TSM 4.2, but what level?  4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.?

What kind of server machine do you have?  How much memory?  How is your
database/log set up?  Does this machine serve other functions?

How many clients are you backing up?  Are they backing up to disk, tape?  How
are your storage pools that these clients back up to configured?

Have you checked your network settings?  You say 100Mb, hows your duplex
settings on your server/switch/clients?  Any conflicts there will cause very
bad performance.

bob

Is this a new install, or did performance get bad when you upgraded, etc?