ADSM-L

Inventory Query Backup ... lock conflict. WAS RE: TSM 5.1.5.1 F ailed Backups

2002-11-01 17:22:05
Subject: Inventory Query Backup ... lock conflict. WAS RE: TSM 5.1.5.1 F ailed Backups
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:21:33 -0600
I'm seeing this quite a bit on a very busy 4.2.2.13 server - and sometimes
at about the same time we see ANS1301E on the client along with an ANE4987E
with file from the \WINNT\system32\  directory.

My suspicion is that what's happening is that a file that is now considered
a "system object" is also being processed by the client as a regular file
system object.

Just an uneducated guess, but anything is likely considering how big a mess
this last change in handling system objects has been.