ADSM-L

solution for Oracle DB hot baclkups

2002-11-01 16:26:36
Subject: solution for Oracle DB hot baclkups
From: shekhar Dhotre <Shekhar.Dhotre AT LENDLEASEREI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:03:30 -0500
All,

We are evaluating different products to backup oracle database online,
testing SQL-backtrack for oracle from BMC and some other products.
We don't have any information on TDP as such how does it work and how
complex it is to configure with RAMN. If anyone out there using TDP.. Can
you please share your experience about this product and   issues involved
in it?
About sqlbacktrac:  One of the consultant   told us that whenever you
change oracle version or apply patch to oracle SQL-backtrack breaks and
won't work until BMC releases new patch for it .

Thanks
SD