ADSM-L

URGENT - ANR0102E asalloc.c(####): Error 1 inserting row in table "AS.Segments" during Migration / what is table 'AS.Segments' ??

2002-11-01 10:35:40
Subject: URGENT - ANR0102E asalloc.c(####): Error 1 inserting row in table "AS.Segments" during Migration / what is table 'AS.Segments' ??
From: Kent Monthei <Kent.J.Monthei AT GSK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:27:18 -0500
Solaris 2.6 / TSM 4.1.2  (I know..........we're upgrading to Solaris 8 ,
TSM 5.1 very soon!)

        DB - 50GB, PctUtil 78%
        Log - 4GB, LogMode=Normal, PctUtil=1%
        DISKPOOL - 138GB, PctUtil 87%, PctMigr 39% (currently)

We're getting migration process failures.  We start 4 migration processes
at a time, but lately only the first 2 run to completion successfully. The
others fail almost imediately after starting, with this error-pair:

        ANR0102E asalloc.c(####): Error 1 inserting row in table "AS.Segments".
        ANR1032W Migration process ### terminated for storage pool
DISKPOOL - internal server error detected.

For failed processes, MigrationProcesses=4,MigrationDelay=0 settings cause
the server to immediately start new migration processes, which also fail
with the same error.  This fail/restart cycle continues until the original
two Migration processes finally finish, eventually leaving nothing left to
migrate, and the cycle finally stops.

Until today, we could avoid this by reducing the DISKPOOL
MigrationProcesses setting to 2 or 1.  However, this morning all migration
processes reported the error.  None ran to successful completion and we had to
intervene.

At this point, we cannot migrate date from this pool & need some expert
advice a.s.a.p.

Where's the problem, and how can I fix it to break this cycle?

-rsvp, thanks

Kent Monthei
GlaxoSmithKline