ADSM-L

Re: Journaling Again

2002-10-31 15:11:23
Subject: Re: Journaling Again
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:50:00 -0800
Andy,
A few comments;

> 1) Was this the first incremental backup you ran after turning on
> journaling? If so, then this is normal: the first backup will be a full
> incremental (not to be confused with full backup) so that the journal
> database(s) and server can be synched. Or did you do anything else (like
> reboot) that may have caused the journal to require resynchronization?

For arguments sake lets say it is, although I turned journaling on last week
so I would have thought it would have done its thing by now, unless I was to
forcefully do something I didn't.

> 2) Do you have all desired drives configured to use journaled backup, via
> the JournaledFileSystems parameter? What does your tsmjbbd.ini file look
> like?

Initially I did the largest drive only but went back in today and changed it
to all drives.
Here is what is active in the file.

[JournalSettings]
Nlsrepos=dscameng.txt
Errorlog=jbberror.log
JournalDir=E:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient

[JournalExcludeList]
%SystemRoot%\System32\Config\*
%SystemDrive%\Adsm.Sys\*
%TEMP%\*
%TMP%\*
%USERPROFILE\*\index.dat
*:\pagefile.sys
*:\*.crmlog
*:\hiberfil.sys
%SystemRoot%\csc\*
%SystemRoot%\System32\DTCLog\MSDTC.LOG
%SystemRoot%\netlogon.chg
%SystemRoot%\schedlgu.txt
%SystemRoot%\registration\*.clb
%WINDIR%\debug\*
%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetShowServices\ntuser.dat
%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetShowServices\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat
%USERPROFILE%\ntuser.dat
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat

 [JournaledFileSystemSettings]
JournaledFileSystems=C: E: G:
JournalDBSize=0x00000000
NotifyFilter=0x0000015b