ADSM-L

Volumes not deleting from volume history file.

2002-10-31 14:31:36
Subject: Volumes not deleting from volume history file.
From: Michael Moore <Michael_Moore AT VFC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:28:39 -0500
We are running v4.2.2.12, on OS/390 v2.10.

We had this problem with an earlier version of TSM, but it seems, that it
is back!

I have several (hundred) backupset tapes, that have been deleted from the
database, but not from the volume history.

IBM has a PTF for v4.2.1 (UQ65585), but I am on v4.2.2.12.

I can put in a delete backupset command, but , our retention periods vary
from node to node.

Any other solutions out there?

Michael Moore
VF Services Inc.