ADSM-L

Re: linux server web interface

2002-10-31 14:06:55
Subject: Re: linux server web interface
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:05:27 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Patrick Boutilier
> Any particular link? I looked around what I think is the passport
> advantage web site but I can't find it.
>
> Does anybody on the list have the RPMs they can send me/put on an ftp
> site/etc..? We are currently running ADSM 3.1.2.90 on AIX 4.3.3 and are
> considering switching to 5.1.5.x on Linux but I can't get a copy to
> evaluate. Even our local Tivoli rep. can't get me a copy. :-(

There is no ftp site for base-level server code, which 5.1.5 is for TSM.

You need to climb the Tivoli bureaucratic ladder. I don't know about Canada,
but in the U.S., there's not a Tivoli rep living that can't get you an eval
copy of the software (or at least get in touch with someone who can). They
may not *choose* to, but they have access to the stuff. Stay persistent.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE