ADSM-L

TDP for Oracle and max supported file size.

2002-10-25 08:24:09
Subject: TDP for Oracle and max supported file size.
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:17:41 +0200
Hi *SM-ers!
Our Oracle department has problems restoring an Oracle database. They are
running into an error which is described by the following Oracle Metalink
article:
> Note:181080.1

Error: "ORA-19624 occurred during call to
DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.RESTOREBACKUPPIECE"

> Solution: You must limit the size of the backuppiece in the backup script
> Explaination: The database has db_block_size of 4 KB, so the block number
> 524289 will be the first block after 2 GB of data. Maybe the problem is
> due to Tape API (Tivoli in this case), cannot restore more that 2 GB of
> data in one piece.
> It gave no errors during backup, but fail silently.
> For this reason it is important to determine the maximum supported file
> size for your Media Management software, then use the Recovery Manager
> keyword KBYTES to limit the output file size to be within the supported
> size for your media management software. This explains why dbv or export
> full reports no error, the datafile
> is not corrupted at all.

Maximum supported file size for your Media Management software? I think they
are referring to the TDPO_AVG_SIZE parameter which one can specify, but the
manual does not talk about any limit.
Can anybody please shed some light on this?
Thank you very much in advance!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.