ADSM-L

Re: LanFree Archives

2002-10-24 09:49:57
Subject: Re: LanFree Archives
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:48:04 -0400
>I would bet you backup copygroup(s) points to SAN-shared tape while
>archive copygroup(s) points to diskpool (which is not shareable).

Well when I first starting looking into this you would have been right.
 But I fixed that last week.  Now my select shows:

tsm: ULTSM>select class_name,set_name,copygroup_name,destination from
ar_copygroups where domain_name='IT-SAN' and set_name='ACTIVE'

CLASS_NAME          SET_NAME            COPYGROUP_NAME
DESTINATION
------------------  ------------------  ------------------
------------------
2YEAR-ARCHIVE       ACTIVE              STANDARD            OTH-ATL
3YEAR-ARCHIVE       ACTIVE              STANDARD            OTH-ATL
90DAY-ARCHIVE       ACTIVE              STANDARD            OTH-ATL
KYVL2WEEK           ACTIVE              STANDARD            OTH-ATL
STANDARD            ACTIVE              STANDARD            OTH-ATL
TDPORACLE           ACTIVE              STANDARD            OTH-ATL
UNLIMITED-ARCHIVE   ACTIVE              STANDARD            OTH-ATL

where oth-atl is a tape storage group but I am still getting Lan Free
bytes reported as zero.

Any other ideas?

David