ADSM-L

TDP Exchange - restore to different server

2002-10-23 09:11:26
Subject: TDP Exchange - restore to different server
From: chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:10:52 +0000
Hi all

Hoping you can point me in the right direction with this...alas my exchange
knowledge is next to none existent.!

I have configured a windows 2000 exchange cluster all backing up to TSM no
probs. This cluster exchange server is server04.

Another standalone Exchange server has been built called server13.

Both servers have "First Storage Group" and a "Mailbox Store"

On server13 I have configured nodename to be server04 in its dsm.opt. Hence
when I fire up the TDP Gui and click on the restore tab, I can see all of
Server04 backups sitting there.
When I try and restore "Mailbox Store" I get  ACN05350E , an unknown
Exchange API arror has occured. and in the event viewer a message saying
"0xC7FE1F42 Database Not Found"

I'm thinking that I need to get the exchange boys to rebuild server13 and
call it server04 from an exchange point of view.  Is this correct or should
I be able to do Exchange mailbox restores across different server names?

TSM Server is 5.1 latest
TSM Client is 5.1 latest
TDP Exchange is 2.2

TIA