ADSM-L

Re: Audit Library question.

2002-10-19 00:11:22
Subject: Re: Audit Library question.
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 22:08:24 -0500
Todd Lundstedt wrote:

How long should the command
"Audit Library LibName CheckLabel=BARCODE"
take to process.  I have less than 200 tapes in the library.  I have done
this before and it took less than 5 mins.  This one has been running for
over 40 minutes now.  The processor is 99-100% idle.  No tapes in use.  All
reclamation set to 100 to prevent tapes from being used.

TSM 4.2.1.7
AIX 4.3.3
IBM LTO Ultrium drives in 3584 library.

Thanks in advance.

Todd,

You are right the command should run in just a few minutes.  However,
even though you are saying "CheckLabel=BARCODE" there must still be an
available drive.  If all drives are in use it will wait until one
becomes free before starting the audit.  This happens because in the
event it can't read the barcode it will mount the tape and read the
physical label.  If there is 1 or more drives available than you may
have lost communication to the library robotics, therefore investigate
that problem.  Good Luck.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE