ADSM-L

Backing up Microsoft SharePoint servers

2002-10-16 10:03:04
Subject: Backing up Microsoft SharePoint servers
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:02:12 -0400
Has anyone used TSM to backup a Microsoft SharePoint server? We have a
client running one and are trying to figure out how to back it up "fully".
Searching the archives only got me 1 hit from Del Hoobler that was over a
year old. Anyone with more current information? Searching on the Microsoft
site I found that there is an API for SPS that some 3rd party venders are
using. They named Veritas and EMC with their Snapshot technology. Nothing on
TSM. Sounds like a good TDP agent to me! :-)

TIA,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.